Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thank-You Robert Wolf for ALWAYS going above and beyond for our valued guests.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Beck and Masten                                                                                                                  

18 April 2012

C/o  Pete Trammell, General Manager

Re: Robert Wolf

Mr. Trammell,

While visiting family in Houston for the weekend, I commented about wanting to trade my Sierra 1500 in on a Yukon. My cousin had recently purchased a Denali from Robert Wolf and said we had to go see him.  On Saturday 15 April, I wandered into Beck and Masten with no intention of purchasing a new vehicle, but instead just to browse inventory.  After meeting Robert Wolf, a captivating and entertaining fellow, I found myself somehow working a deal on a new Yukon XL SLT. Robert was relaxed, confident, easy to do business with, open, and very perceptive. He asked those questions needed to uncover my needs, wants, and expectations. More importantly, he understood my initial objections and over came them.  Aggressive yet no overly so, Robert got me caught up in making a deal.  Needless to say, I drove off in a new Yukon this Saturday and felt terrific in doing so.

As a Sales Manager for a large capital goods manufacturer, I was evaluating Robert’s behaviors during the selling process. He quickly read my persona and adapted to it, ask open-ended and leading questions, uncovered my key buying decisions, understood and overcame obstacles, and CLOSED the DEAL!

You have a good salesman on your team as I am sure you well know. But it is always good to hear good news about one of your direct reports. This gentleman has made my first experience with Beck and Masten and enjoyable one.

Please give Robert Wolf an ATTABOY! And tell him to keep up the good work.

Regards,

Bill Bordelon

San Antonio, TX

Buick_gmc_logo

No comments:

Post a Comment